simSALUD is an open-source web-application in ongoing development process developed within the research project SALUD – SpatiAL microsimUlation for health Decision support, funded by the Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology (bmvit) and the Austrian Science Fund (FWF) at the Carinthia University of Applied Sciences, Department of Geoinformation and Environmental Technology in Austria.
Currently, the prototype is first online as BETA version 1 to provide spatial microsimulation modellers and people of interest the opportunity to easily build large-scale micro datasets using a deterministic reweighting approach with or without an optimization technique.
Please circulate to colleagues, students and people who might be interested using this application.
Further, we are thankful for your honest feedback (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) as the project is in an on-going implementation process and our aim is to achieve an usable application for the community!!
With it we want to make a contribution to the spatial modelling community as well to policy makers in future.
Roadmap and Change Log
simSALUD framework 1.3 – released on April 24th, 2015Start Now
This update fixes a few small bugs and added new features from 1.2
- Added the iterative proportional fitting algorithm
- Added a new validation methods (Total Absolute Error to define the percentage of total regions)
- Extended the input data formats (some places using different decimal and thousands separators)
- Improvement of the survey/census matching page
- Duplicate sub-constraint labels are now usable
simSALUD framework 1.2 – released on September 24th, 2014
This update fixes a few small bugs and added new features from 1.1
- Added three validation methods (T-test; pearson correlation; simple linear regression)
- Substantially improvement of the usability (heuristic evaluation testing by experts)
- Now header logos are clickable
- Popup bugs fixed
- Design slightly revised
simSALUD framework 1.1 – released on April 11th, 2014
This update fixes a few small bugs from 1.0
- Fixed a reponsive design issue on the visualization page
- Added a Reset button on the top of each page to delete all users files and settings
- Added demo data on the start page
- Added a tutorial video on the start page
simSALUD framework 1.0 – released on February 20th, 2014
The first beta version is published including the following features:
- First web-based spatial microsimulation framework in Java
- Flexible and free-available web mapping framework
- Easy-to-use graphical user interface (wizard) for experts and non-experts
- Algorithm: Deterministic reweighting approach is implemented
- Validation methods: Total absolute error (TAE); Standardized absolute error (SAE); Percentage error (PSAE)